Junior Secondary - Computer Literacy
The syllabus intends
- to provide chances for students to interact with computers, and
- to build in students a general awareness of the ranges of tasks that computers can do.
It adopts a modular approach covering various applications of computer and the teaching of the syllabus adopts a “task-oriented” approach”, in which students are given many practical tasks and features of the applications are then introduced to help students to complete the task.
Senior Secondary - Information and Communication Technology
The senior secondary ICT curriculum aims to
- provide students with a body of essential knowledge, concepts and applications of information, communication and computer systems;
- equip students with problem-solving and communication skills, and encourage them to think critically and creatively;
- develop students into competent, effective, discriminating, ethical and confident users of ICT, so as to support their lifelong learning; and
- provide students with opportunities to appreciate the impact of ICT on our knowledge-based society, so as to nurture in them positive values and attitudes towards this area.