1. Our Beliefs in Mathematics Education
We believe that mathematics education is an essential and core component in education. It is because mathematics is
- a powerful means of communication;
- the foundation and necessary tool of studying other disciplines;
- an intellectual endeavour and a mode of thinking; and
- a discipline, through which students can develop their ability to appreciate the beauty of nature, think logically and make sound judgements.
2. Our Mission
We aim at, through the provision of quality teaching and learning programs, to develop the talents of students so that they
- will acquire sufficient mathematical knowledge and skills;
- will become competent problem-solvers;
- will be able to think logically; and
- will appreciate the aesthetic nature of mathematics and its wide applications.