This subject aims at developing students’ capabilities in Visual Arts through continual enhancement in the ability of art creation and appreciation.
- To develop students’ artistic vision so that they can respond intellectually and affectively to visual forms they encounter in the environment.
- To nurture students’ creativity and to promote aesthetic development for the enrichment of life
- To cultivate students’ critical thinking through observation, analysis and evaluation of visual forms
- To develop students’ abilities in problem solving and decision making through the creation of art
Learning and teaching strategies
- Demonstration and questioning
- Experimental learning
- Problem solving
- Reading to learn
- Portfolios, sketchbooks, journals
- Group discussion and group work
- Promotion of moral, civic and environmental education
- Organization of extracurricular activities
Activities and Achievements
- Students had genuine zeal for art and they had achieved good results in the Public Exam.
- Throughout the school year, students are responsible for the overall decoration of the school’s annual events such as Christmas, Halloween, New Year, Parents’ Day, Open Day, Graduation Day etc.
- In order to broaden the students’ artistic vision and arouse their interest, art workshops, visits to artists’ studio and various exhibitions had been arranged.
- Besides paying visits to exhibitions, the students had joined in various art activities and competitions. They learned a lot in the activities and some of them had great achievements.